Frequently Asked Questions
- How long is the contract period with iNuman?
iNuman generally signs contract for a period of 11 months. However they are flexible and can be adjusted depending on the need and requirements of individual customers.
- I have signed up for iNuman, now I don't want the services offered by iNuman or for some reason I am not happy with it. How can I cancel my contract with iNuman?
iNuman being a professionally managed company provides an option for customers to terminate the contract. iNuman provides a free look period of 15 days before which the contract can be terminated by customer with full refund. If the contract is terminated after 15 days, iNuman will deduct the expenses incurred towards serving the customers till that period and will return remaining advance, if any to the customer.
To terminate the contract the customer needs to send an email to iNuman representative stating clearly their decision to terminate the contract before the contract expiry date.
- Can I have a customized services from iNuman for my property? like only property inspection once in six months or as and when needed?
Yes. iNuman provides customized packages to its customers. Please discuss your requirements with your iNuman representative.
- My property is already rented. Can I still engage iNuman?
Yes. iNuman will inspect and maintain a residential even if it’s already rented by other means. iNuman will renew the contract when the existing tenants vacates and will help find another tenant.
- I am overseas now and I have iNuman to look after my property for next 1 year. I had to return to India in 6 months and I still want iNuman to look after my property?
iNuman will engaged until the end of contract period regardless of the location of the customer.
- I am constructing a residential property in India and the property will be handed over to me in 3 months but I want iNuman to look after the rest of construction and rent it out
In such cases customer can enter in to inspection only contract with iNuman until the property is handed over (or possession taken). Once the property is handover, iNuman will renew the contract with findYourTENANT services and will help customers find tenants.
- I already rented my property and now I have iNuman to look after my property. But my current tenants are opposing the iNuman representatives to conduct regular inspections.
iNuman provides inspection services for NRI landlords for the properties in India. It is expected that landlord will discuss this option with the tenant and enter in to a mutual consensus before engaging iNuman.
- What if someone in the name of iNuman representative enters into the property?
iNuman representatives will not physically enter in to the residential property with the prior permission and appointment from landlord/tenant. If anyone claims to be iNuman tries to enter the property without an appointment/permission, landlords/tenants are well within their right to disallow the representative from entering the premises and reject any services offered.
- A maintenance/repair work has been carried in the property through iNuman but the tenant is not happy with it. e.g: The painting has been done and the tenant does not like the colour.
iNuman will communicate the details of maintenance service offered to landlords before commencing the work. It is expected that landlord to set the expectations with tenants and get them onboard before commencing the work.
- I have a bad experience in doing or getting in to deals with indian companies. How does iNuman is different from them and what value add the will do to me. What is the service level agreement?
iNuman aims at bringing in discipline and remove inefficiencies in residential property rental process. iNuman will have clear SLA defined in contract and will provides options for customer to exit if the service levels are not met.
- I have contracted to iNuman to manage my property and tenancy continues. During this period the has been a burglary at the property. What would iNuman do?
iNuman helps customer find tenants and inspects the property regularly. iNuman will not be responsible for any other activities that falls outside of contract. In this particular case, iNuman will urge the landlord/tenant to buy burglary insurance from any renowned insurance provide in India.
- I don't have a house but have a vacant land and I want iNuman to look after. Will iNuman take care of it.
No. Currently iNuman provides inspection and maintenance services only for residential property that is ready to be let out.
- How will iNuman verify or validate if the NRI has a genuine property in India.
iNuman expects the customers to provide valid information during customer onboarding process and the customer has every right to rent the residential property. In cases where the customers does not possess the right to let out the property or incorrect information is provided to iNuman, the contracts stands cancelled.
- My friend is in delhi. He has same mind set as that of a NRI and why iNuman does not consider him as a customer?
iNuman only offers this service to NRIs currently. However on a case-to-case basis such requests will be considered.